So you’re wanting to buy or sell a home… Where do you start? Who do you talk to first? The internet is saturated with content regarding the home buying and selling process which leads to nothing but confusion and feeling overwhelmed. Great news! We’ve simplified the process by customizing our team in specialized positions to better fit our clients needs and ensure a smooth process and unforgettable experience.
Buying Your Home
- Consultation – Get with your St. Louis Finest Homes Realtor for your needs analysis consultation to introduce you to a preferred lender, determine purchase power, and understand what you’re looking for in a new home.
- Home Showings – You will be working closely with your buyers specialist to scour the market for your future home.
- Write The Offer – When you and your buyers specialist find the perfect home you will write an offer on the home. The agent will work to negotiate the best deal and get the contract accepted!
- Under Contract – Once you are under contract you will be working with our transaction coordinator to help process your contract and gather necessary information from you to help coordinate the closing.
- Inspections – We will get the inspections of your choice ordered and negotiate for the seller to make necessary repairs after receiving the reports.
- Appraisal – After inspections are resolved we will get your appraisal ordered and the lender will continue to process your loan file so that we can deliver your final loan commitment to the seller. We are almost to closing!
- Final Walkthrough – A couple days before closing, your agent will reach out to you to schedule your final walkthrough at your new home. We will make sure that any repairs negotiated are completed and the house is in good standing as when we wrote the offer.
- Final Figures – A day or two before closing, our transaction coordinator will be sending an email with our final figures. This is what will be due at closing. This email will also have directions to the title company and what will need to bring to closing.
- Closing Day – You made it! You will meet at the title company at the scheduled time. Closing typically takes about 45-60 minutes. If you reside in an area that requires a municipal inspection make sure to stop at the city hall after closing to obtain your occupancy permit.
Selling Your Home
- Consultation – Get with your listing specialist for your listing and needs analysis consultation to go over the seller process and learn more about the market value of your property and any recommendations to maximize your top dollar.
- Listing Coordinator – You will then be working with our listing coordinator to coordinate any prep work, photos, and staging to help prepare your property for the market.
- Market Update – While live on the market, you’ll be working with our listing coordinator who will go over any showing feedback, market updates, and open houses.
- Under Contract – After accepting an offer you will be working with our transaction coordinator to help process your contract, schedule closing time, and coordinator municipal inspections if applicable.
- Inspections – The buyer will be scheduling inspections and our transaction coordinator will relay scheduled days. It is asked that you not be present for these inspections. Then the buyer will submit their request for certain repairs to be made and we enter into another round of negotiations.
- Appraisal – As the buyer’s lender works to process their file, the buyer will send out the appraiser to appraise the property for contract price. We will get notified later in the transaction typically a week or so prior to closing.
- Final Walkthrough – A couple days before closing, the buyers agent will schedule a final walkthrough where they take their clients through the property to ensure all he repairs agreed upon are completed. We ask that you not be present.
- Final Figures – A day or two before closing, our transaction coordinator will email you your Settlement Statement showing your proceeds as well as directions to the title company and what is needed form you at closing.
- Closing – Sign away! We made it. We will sign documents at the title company and close your file. As soon as the buyer’s money transfers into you account, we will be fully funded and you will have successful sold your house!